When parents separate or get divorced, children are the primary victims. While you may not want to get back with your spouse, you can make process the easier for them by hiring a lawyer who specializes in child custody cases.
Factors That Determine Child Custody
- Which parent is the most likely to encourage visitation from the other parent
- The best interests of the child in question
- The wishes of the child if he/she is over 12 years of age or older
- Frequency of domestic violence, if any
- Frequency of drug use, if any
The Custody Framework
- By doing a thorough background check on each parent regarding their care for the child
- Discussing the child’s requirements after the divorce or separation and how the parent can fulfill them
- Nature and frequency of contact of the child between both parents
- Determining if the parents can be trusted with joint, physical, legal, or split custody
GET IN TOUCH WITH THE LAW OFFICES OF STEVE WHITWORTH FOR A CONSULTATION
If your child has been neglected or abused by your spouse or you think you can be a better provider, you have every right to fight for it in court. Rather than doing it alone, get in touch with professional child custody lawyers from the Law Offices of Steve Whitworth today. Call 916-659-5233 to get a free consultation regarding your case.
What Sets us Apart?
We bring a unique blend of compassion, dedication, and aggressive advocacy to ensure that our clients are not just represented, but genuinely cared for.