Gun Crimes Attorney in Sacramento County
Throughout the United States, the sale and possession of firearms is regulated. In some states, it is regulated more strictly than others and, in these states, it can be easier to be charged with a gun crime when you did not, in fact, commit one. If you find yourself in this situation, start working on your legal defense strategy with an experienced criminal defense lawyer now. You can fight your charge, and you should not have to face steep fines, time in jail, and other penalties because of a crime you did not commit.
Types Of Gun Crime Cases I Handle
- Purchase of a firearm without a valid permit to do so;
- Possession of certain types of firearm, like a short-barreled shotgun, without a Dangerous Weapons Permit;
- Possession of an unregistered firearm;
- Sale of firearms without a valid license to do so;
- Possession of a weapon banned in California;
- Open or concealed carrying of a firearm without a valid permit;
- Making illegal alterations to a firearm, such as removing its serial number;
- Carrying a firearm in a place where firearms are prohibited; and
- Trafficking stolen or illegal firearms.
Defending Your Case Against A Gun Charge
- Negotiating with the prosecutor to reduce your sentence;
- Conducting a full pretrial investigation to determine the validity of the prosecution’s evidence and testimonies;
- Procuring expert witnesses to provide testimony to support your case;
- Work to have your charge lowered or dropped; and
- Interview police and all other parties involved in the case to ferret out any lies or exaggerations affecting it.
CALL THE LAW OFFICE OF STEVE WHITWORTH TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR FREE CONSULTATION
What Sets us Apart?
We bring a unique blend of compassion, dedication, and aggressive advocacy to ensure that our clients are not just represented, but genuinely cared for.