Sacramento Pimping/Pandering Defense Attorney
Prostitution in California
- participate in any sex act in exchange for money or anything else of value;
- agree to participate in a sex act for money; or
- solicit sex in exchange for money.
Penalties – Jail, Fines, and Sex Offender Registration
- Taking a person for prostitution – imprisonment for 16 months to 3 years and a fine of up to $2,000
- Human trafficking for the purpose of prostitution – 16 months to 3 years in prison
- Causing a woman to engage in prostitution by fraud and enticing a minor under the age of 18 to engage in prostitution – up to 1 year in jail or 16 months, 2 years, or 3 years’ imprisonment, and a fine of up to $2,000
- Causing another to visit a place of prostitution – up to 6 months in jail and a fine of up to $500
Felony Pimping and Pandering
- procures another for the purpose of prostitution or to work in a house of prostitution;
- causes or encourages (by threats, violence, or promises) another to engage in prostitution or work in a house of prostitution;
- causes another to come in or out of the state for purposes of prostitution; or
- receives or gives (or agrees to receive or give) any money to procure a person for prostitution.
Misdemeanor Pimping and Pandering
- direct, supervise, recruit, or otherwise assist another to engage in (or loiter for the purpose of) prostitution; or
- collect or receive money earned from prostitution.
- repeatedly communicating with a person who is engaged in prostitution;
- watching or monitoring a person who is engaged in prostitution;
- repeatedly engaging in conversations with people or stopping people who are passing by to solicit or arrange prostitution;
- causing another to visit a place of prostitution.
What Sets us Apart?
We bring a unique blend of compassion, dedication, and aggressive advocacy to ensure that our clients are not just represented, but genuinely cared for.